Sunday 20 November 2011

Geologists, the Coolest and Sexiest People Alive.

To many people a 'Geologist' is a bearded figure, dressed in an anorak and talking to a rock. Geologists themselves would love to dispel this myth but since we lick rocks, know Lagerstatten is more than a beer, and think anything under a few million years is 'recent' its not too far from the truth! Below I give you my top five references to Geologists in popular culture. Number 5 is my favourite, although I wish number 1 was true. Vote on your favourite below. (Come on Geologists- don't let the Bad ones win!)

The Good:

1) American Dad- Geologists, the smartest sexiest men alive. (Women too!)


2) Brad Pitt- GEOLOGIST. Not funny but it's Brad Pitt. As a geologist.



The Bad:
3) The Big Bang Theory- Erm...actually it is.



4) Friends- Geologists are the lowest of the dating barrel, shame some other Geologists don't realise this...



The Sadly Truthful:

5) Fresh Meat- actual geology bar games


3 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 3 is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh Meat is good but I do love Big Bang Theory. Sheldon gave a speech in which he said "I do kid the geologists but that's just because I have no respect for their field".

    ReplyDelete