Thursday 22 March 2012

Film Making Challenge

One of the things I am most enjoying about the Imperial MSc so far is learning to do so many new things which just aren't available to you on your standard science degree. I can't speak for everyone but my course seemed to be essay after essay, after problem-based-learning excercise and unless you go outside of your course (probably spending loads on expensive equipment to take courses on film-making or story writing) then you just don't get the chance to be creative and portray your ideas in different ways. This MSc is letting me test the boundaries of my imagination in a way I really hadn't done since nursery (and I probably play with plasticine more now than then!) and this culminated in a 12-hr film making workshop last month.
Under the directorship of an ex-SciCommer we were ordered to bring in sound bites of people discussing their views of science communication, I chose to bring in 10 haiku's. We then had 12 hrs to turn these into a script, hash them into visuals, create the audio and then edit it all together into something pretty wonderful.
The finished product has a 'Making of...' to go with it, but I was so proud of what I made I thought I'd stick it on here straight away. My group's specific bit was the Back to the Future stop-motion-animation with solar system. Enjoy!



Well done to everyone:
Pen, Lucy, Vanna, Lucia, Antonio, Juan, Sophia, Luis, Hana, Ling, Graham, Jen, Gilead, Lorna, Darshani and in particular David and Morag our super organisers.


No comments:

Post a Comment